Dynamic Digital Marketing Team Seeks Creative Content Writer
Last Updated on April 11, 2022
Are you a great writer? Do you have strong opinions about em dashes and Oxford commas? Can you bring clarity, structure, and creativity to writing projects? Would you like to learn new ways to tell brand stories effectively and practice your craft on a daily basis? We have a creative content writer opportunity waiting for you.
If you’re ready to join a small team that makes a big difference, keep reading. USDP is one of Cincinnati’s top digital marketing agencies. We use message-based design to create content that gets results for clients nationwide. Now, we’re seeking a part-time copywriter to join our team.
Interested? Our dream candidate will have the following skills at the ready:
- Writing: Blogs, emails, brand stories; website content, ads, and video scripts. You don’t need to be an expert in all of it, but you should be open to tackling multiple types of media.
- Editing: We prize attention to detail, sharp editorial skills, and openness to constructive comments. We’ll ask that you edit your own copy and be ready to provide feedback for other team members.
- Strategic thinking: Often, a complex project will require thinking outside the box, coming at copy from different angles, and wearing multiple hats. Our writers consistently bring together content strategy, stellar copy, SEO, and a knack for structuring content visually.
- Self-motivation: You will need the ability to prioritize projects, manage your time, do your own research, and juggle multiple clients without lots of hand holding.
- Collaboration: At USDP, content writers work closely with designers to bring the appropriate story to life visually. Our ideal candidate will be ready to roll up their sleeves and dive in to make sure that projects go smoothly!
- Openness to learning: As a StoryBrand certified agency, we use a specific framework to craft brand narratives—which we translate into successful website content. You don’t need to know StoryBrand, but we’re looking for someone eager and willing to learn and use it.
- Practiced communication skills: At USDP, you’ll need to do more than simply write. We will ask you to contribute on client calls, present your ideas, and communicate with clarity in a variety of situations.
You’ll tackle the following types of work:
- Writing different types of content for several different client accounts
- Participating in client calls to present content, receive feedback, ideate marketing strategies, and more
- Helping team members boost their copy
- Creating internal marketing materials for USDP
- Updating existing content for SEO
Ready to connect? Send us your stuff! We’d love to see:
- Shareable examples of your work that showcase your experience and skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in marketing, journalism or communications
- 3+ years of experience producing copy for a digital property
- Proven experience creating solid copy that stands out from the crowd
- Strong conceptual thinking and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of SEO/SEM practices
- Familiarity with Content Management Systems (CMS)
We value our team members highly, so we provide:
- Competitive compensation
- Continued professional development with training and conferences
- A healthy culture with people who care about each other
- A mix of clients from Fortune 500 to family-owned companies and everything in-between
- A growing company with skills that are in demand and team members who are happy
- Casual office environment in downtown Cincinnati
- Regular social and culture-building events with our friendly, reliable, and generally hilarious team of A-players