Hiring a Business Development Leader at US Digital Partners
Last Updated on July 27, 2022
Note: We are not a remote company. We do our best work face-to-face in the beautiful City of Cincinnati, in a great office.
USDP has an opening for a Business Development Leader (a.k.a, a digital marketing sales champion). If you love introducing companies to a better path for their digital marketing, then this position is for you. At USDP, we don’t just say we are going to improve a company’s brand. We deliver for our clients what other agencies wish they could: Results.
Our services include brand strategy, identity design, website design and development, phone apps, digital advertising, search engine optimization, video production, and more. We become an extension of our clients’ marketing team, and our clients love working with us because we are real.
Your primary job at USDP is prospecting and closing the right kind of new clients. This starts with consistently identifying target companies, reaching out, and initiating that first conversation about their digital marketing.
This sales leader role makes you the first impression of USDP, so you need to be a fantastic communicator, a pleasure to speak with, and a trusted advisor. We want prospects to be excited about what they can accomplish when they finish talking to you.
Here are some of the qualities that will make you an all-star at USDP:
- A proven ability to cultivate and build new client relationships
- The ability to write and communicate exceptionally well
- Know how to identify prospective clients and qualify opportunities
- Have experience in growing a company’s market share for the digital marketing services we offer
- Build trust with clients to win deals
- Adaptable to any situation
- A strategic mind, great organizational skills and attention to detail, and the ability to proactively recommend solutions to help our clients stand out
- Even-tempered, respectful, and willing to collaborate with and harness a team of super talented people
- Pride in your work ethic
- Confident and comfortable with the demands this role will require
Specifically, you’ll be handling day-to-day business development responsibilities including:
- Research, identify, and generate new business opportunities
- Develop relationships with and pursue potential clients
- Creatively write and design new business proposals and presentations
- Effectively pitch proposals to prospects
- Manage ongoing relationships with clients, as well as their project needs
- Partner with the account management team to ensure client goals are met
- Understand our digital services and work closely with clients and prospects to upsell services
- Develop a strong referral network
- Generate ongoing revenue opportunities and client success through digital advertising, hosting, proactive maintenance, search engine consulting, and more
- Be a problem solver who will constantly be resolving both simple and complex challenges for clients and your team
Our ideal candidate possesses:
- A Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of digital marketing sales experience
- A clear understanding and love for technology. You don’t have to be a programmer, but you must know how websites, apps, and other digital stuff work—an iPhone and social networking accounts won’t cut it.
- A knack for effectively collaborating with multidisciplinary teams
- The ability to work with and manage other internal resources in order to execute against clients’ project needs
- An interest and comfort level in standing in front of a client or room full of people and presenting your ideas
- Great paychecks
- 401k + matching
- Bonuses twice a year based on performance
- 15 days paid time off every year
- 8-10 national holidays every year
- Maternity leave
- A debt-free company that likes to invest in employees and the future
- Paid-for downtown Cincinnati parking
- Continued professional development with training and conferences
- A healthy culture with people who care about each other
- A mix of clients from Fortune 500 to family-owned companies and everything in-between
- A growing company with skills that are in demand and team members who are happy
- Employee referral bonus
- Casual office environment, but we work from our office in Cincinnati
- Many social and culture building events that might involve alcohol
- Working with some of the best clients on the planet
We are growing, and everyone we hire helps shape who we are. If you get excited about change and are seeking an opportunity to join an agency at the forefront of creating it, we’d love to hear from you.