Controller Job Opening
The Controller job opening is an essential position at USDP, and the duties include bookkeeping, invoicing, payroll, taxes, reporting, 401K administration, budgeting and forecasting, and other roles as needed.
US Digital Partners is a digital marketing agency located in Downtown Cincinnati. Our services include brand strategy, website design and development, mobile app development, digital advertising, digital branding, video production, managed cloud hosting, and other related services. Our work is a combination of project work and monthly services.
Controller Job Opening Responsibilities:
Financial Accounting & Reporting
- Learn Netsuite and look for opportunities to automate and improve reporting using Netsuite.
- Prepare monthly credit card and bank reconciliations.
- Help with bi-monthly check runs and look for ways to automate check runs.
- Manage internal staff and external vendors to deliver general accounting, billing, A/R, and A/P functions as well as improve current procedures. Prepare timely and accurate monthly financial statements for internal reporting.
- Maintain proper accounting principles, practices and procedures.
- Present financial information to Partners and reviewing operational issues to facilitate the smooth operation of the business.
- Proactive management and follow-up on past due accounts receivable.
- Complete bi-weekly payroll and appropriate tax and government filings or recommend and transition to a suitable payroll vendor.
- Get to know our client base to take a more active role in invoicing.
- Research and implement ways to automate repetitive invoicing and payment to reduce manual processing time.
- Preparation and analysis of a monthly KPI dashboard.
- Assist in the management of all leases, contracts, and office equipment purchases.
- Help with managing and ordering office supplies as needed.
- Monitor all legislation relevant to USDP to ensure that USDP is meeting government standards (e.g., employment standards, occupational health and safety, etc.).
- Review and adjust insurance policies as needed.
- Ensure payroll, payroll tax filings, 401k are executed properly for all USDP team members.
- Ensure proper new employee set-up and document preparation (e.g., tax, I-9, etc).
- Tracking sales forecasts and commissions.
- Assist with onboarding new team members.
- Highest level of personal integrity.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance and/or CPA.
- 3+ years accounting and finance experience, including experience as a Controller at a small business.
- Track record of creating financial models, forecasts, and financial statements.
- Proficiency in Netsuite a plus.
- Expert level Excel and/or Google Sheets skills.
- Strong leadership abilities with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
If you can’t wait to tell us about you, click here and complete the form at the bottom. Thanks!