An Intro to Using Elementor in WordPress
Last Updated on April 11, 2023
Are you interested in creating a new website for your company, without having to invest in a fully customized (and pricier) build? You don’t have to settle for an amateur or generic-looking site. With the combined powers of Elementor in WordPress and a digital agency like USDP, you can build a beautiful and personalized website without breaking the bank.
What is Elementor?
Elementor is a powerful WordPress plugin that allows you to easily create professional-looking websites without any coding knowledge. With a drag-and-drop interface and a wide range of pre-designed templates and widgets, Elementor simplifies the creation of a high quality website. Elementor also can implement seamlessly with other plugins such as Woocommerce, Yoast SEO, and many more.
Why use Elementor over the other guys?
While there are a handful of other WordPress plugins that have similar features (such as Gutenberg, Divi, and Oxygen Builder), we recommend Elementor in WordPress because it’s a good ‘middle-ground’ tool. Gutenberg and Divi have some functionality limitations that may require a developer to add features that Elementor already has right out of the box. On the other hand, Elementor is a little easier to use than Oxygen Builder, which has a much steeper learning curve. Elementor also has the dominant market share, meaning that you’ll have access to not only the best plugins and tools, but also online support, guides, and tutorial videos.
What kind of sites can be built with Elementor?
Anything you can imagine! Well, maybe not anything, but Elementor can be used to build just about any style of website. From restaurants to schools, it can all be built in Elementor. Need an online storefront to sell your products? Elementor is easily compatible with Woocommerce. If you’re already familiar with email marketing tools like ActiveCampaign or MailChimp, Elementor is compatible with these as well! Elementor’s reputation of dependability means that it’s compatible with all the most popular apps and plugins.
Why should you partner with a digital marketing agency if it’s so easy to use?
While Elementor may be a “low-code” option, it’s still essential to have a digital agency like USDP to be your guide in order to make the process as painless as possible. As with any tool, Elementor requires a bit of research to get up to speed. The time you may spend trying to learn Elementor could be better spent on strategy and implementation for your business! USDP handles the hard stuff, such as:
- Setting up your new Elementor site
- Standardizing the design
- Assuring consistent quality across the site
- Bug fixes
- Transitioning your old site to the new one by setting up redirects
- Creating any custom elements you may need that are’t included in Elementor’s default theme kits.
- Optimizing your site’s SEO
Once your site is built, Elementor serves as an excellent framework that allows you to quickly update images, content, blog posts, and more with just a few clicks.
Limitations to consider
Elementor’s limitations are worth considering.
- As with any page builder, Elementor has certain limitations when it comes to design styles.
- Elementor can be a bit overwhelming without a guide.
- The learning curve isn’t steep—but will require training to use it well
- Knowledge of coding isn’t required, but anything outside of the box (think complex animations or flashy interactive elements) will require custom code. So if you’re hoping to have an avant garde or cutting edge site, Elementor might not be the best option for you.
- There’s a small chance you might run into some conflicts when transitioning to Elementor from your old site. For example, some WordPress themes are incompatible with Elementor.
We get it: choosing the best framework for your site is a daunting task. Working with an experienced agency will ensure that you’re selecting the right platform for your goals and needs. If you’re a small business owner looking for an affordable and easy-to-use solution, Elementor is an excellent choice. At USDP, we’ve built over 15 sites using Elementor in WordPress.
We’ll serve as your guide to help discuss your goals and land on the right solution for you. Even with a tool as easy-to-use as Elementor, building a new site from the ground up can be intimidating unless it’s your full-time job. If you need a new website that will grow along with your business, we’re here to help.