10 Ways That Video Can Help Your Business
If a picture is worth a thousand words, what about a video? When companies begin to incorporate video marketing into their overall strategy, many find that outstanding results follow, with enhanced presence and increased revenues. If you’re deliberating whether to integrate the use of video into your marketing efforts, here are 10 ways that video can help your business.
1. Youll attract new customers. An explanatory video on your company’s homepage or posted on the Internet introduces your services or products in a simple and visual manner. This is a great way to attract new customers, giving them an appealing explanation of what you have to offer. Here’s a new product video for Boogie Mist.
2. Youll be able to announce new products and services. In most cases, people will be more willing to watch a fun, upbeat announcement video rather than read through a press release. Be sure that your company uses a professional video service to get the best quality product. Here’s a little fun we had with explaining the Unibind product.
3. Youll be able to recruit new employees. Not only do videos invite customers, they also attract employees. Having top-notch recruitment videos that promote the culture and mission of your company can be beneficial and lead to more and better job applications. Companies that follow this strategy often see their applicant pool increase tenfold. Here’s an example of a manufacturing company with a unique mission when it comes to employee recruiting.
4. Youll be able to educate your customers. If your company sells a product or service that needs to be assembled or requires some explanation, an instructional video will be much more useful than a photo or diagram. Customers can even benefit from watching videos that demonstrate how to do basic tasks, such as filling out forms or creating a budget. Videos reinforce your message and are a great way to reduce the load on your customer service department. Here’s an example of a demonstration video we created for Boogie Wipes. Believe it or not, moms and dads appreciate someone demonstrating how the product and packaging works.
5. Youll be able to highlight your accomplishments. Annual reports can be rather boring. Using a well-produced video to share the good news can get viewers excited and build grassroots support for your business. The combination of info graphs, animation, and music can highlight the accomplishments for you. Here’s an example of an annual report video created for the United Way.
6. Youll give your customers a chance to talk back. When customers have a way to share their videos with a company, it creates a valuable dialogue. Video testimonials from customers add a rich layer to your website by allowing loyal customers to do the positive talking for you! Here’s an example where a non-profit allows the people it serves to provide the testimonials.
7. Youll be able to look your best. Hiring a professional company to capture and create a short film that highlights what your company does outside of the traditional workday can be a clever way to allow customers to peer into your company and see for themselves what you do right. Here’s a behind-the-scenes example of Kroger launching their breast cancer awareness campaign.
8. You’ll be able to show your softer side. Videos created around special events or holidays are a smart way to keep your business in the minds of your customers. You could be celebrating your 10th anniversary or your annual employee appreciation event. These milestones give you a reason to celebrate in front of your customers. Here’s an example of holiday video we created at our office.
9. Youll be able to go viral with more material. If you create a top-notch video that’s fun to view and adds value to your business, sharing this video will increase your exposure and may give you a whole new customer base that you hadn’t previously considered. Here’s an example of how Roto-Rooter had a little holiday fun and reached over half-a-million new views on YouTube and Facebook.
10. Youll boost your search engine optimization. Your videos can be more visible through search engine optimization techniques. A professional video company can help you appear higher on search engines and give you greater exposure on video sharing websites such as YouTube. Take advantage of this unique feature to add another outlet for your company. Here’s an example of how focusing on “potty training” helped Kandoo reach customers in their target market.
We hope you’ve benefited from learning about these 10 ways that video can help your business. Please get in touch if we can do anything to help your business grow!